5 Things To Do After a Car Accident
Getting in a car accident can be a scary, intimidating, and painful experience. If you’re in an accident, there are 5 steps that can help make sure you get the best care possible.
- If you are at the scene of an auto accident, call 911. Calling 911 will send EMTs to the scene and provide emergency treatment to injuries and transportation to a hospital if necessary. If you are in severe pain and it’s an emergency, go to the hospital. However, if you are not bleeding, didn’t hit your head, and are not in horrible pain, then you may want to go to an urgent care clinic or a chiropractic physician’s office for an examination. An urgent care clinic or chiropractor can evaluate your injuries and send you to the emergency room if needed. Police will also recreate the accident scene and determine who is “at fault” for the crash.
- Call Sport & Spinal Rehab for auto accident treatment, follow-up care, and to document your injuries. Sport & Spinal Rehab will perform an extensive physical evaluation, take digital x-rays if necessary, and provide physical therapy and chiropractic care for your injuries. Dr. Nevel can refer you to any additional doctors, surgeons, or imaging facilities for MRIs if needed.
- Get a claim number from your insurance company if you are in a car accident. Without a claim number, your insurance will not pay for the treatment needed for your injuries.
- See Dr. Nevel at Sport & Spinal Rehab within 14 days of the accident. If you do not get medical treatment within 14 days of the auto accident, you forfeit your right to treatment under your PIP (personal injury protection) auto insurance. Learn more about the 14 day treatment window.
- Follow your doctors’ treatment plan. Your doctors will document your injuries and send reports to your auto insurance company. Therefore, it is crucial to follow the advice and treatment plan prescribed by your doctors in order to heal as quickly as possible from your accident.
@ 2019 All Right Reserved
Web Development and SEO by Pixeltrics