The Graston Technique is a soft tissue treatment that breaks down scar tissue and reduces inflammation, eliminating pain and restricted motion. Used by chiropractors, athletic trainers, physical therapists, and occupational therapist, the patented stainless steel instruments “catch” on fibrotic tissue (myofascial adhesions), identifying the area of restriction.
The Graston instruments allow Dr. Nevel to treat soft tissue complaints with the pressure, depth, and specificity needed to correct the cause of many injuries. Once the tissue dysfunction has been found and identified, the doctor uses the instruments to break up the scar tissue adhesions which will then be absorbed by the body.
With the addition of the Graston Technique to your treatment, you can rebuild your soft tissue injury into healthy, functioning tissue.
The Graston Technique has been proven to help the treatment of:
- Achilles Tendonosis / Tendonitis
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Cervical Sprain / Strain (neck pain)
- Lateral Epicondylosis / Epicondylitis (Tennis Elbow)
- Medial Epicondylosis / Epicondylitis (Golfer’s Elbow)
- Patellofemoral Disorders (Knee Pain)
- Plantar Fasciitis (Foot Pain)
- Rotator Cuff Tendinosis / Tendinitis (Shoulder Pain)
- Scar Tissue
- Shin Splints (Medial / Lateral Tibial Stress Syndrome)
- Trigger Finger
The Graston Technique is effective in restoring function to both acute and chronic injuries as well as pre-and post-surgical patients.
Get started by scheduling an appointment today.